Just couple days ago, I complained to Da that my workload seems too high and I want more help from him. He kind of gets the idea and we ended the conversation.
We just came back from Hong Kong couple weeks ago. As most of you can imagined, I didn't need to do as much as housework back in my parent's house and it's really a nice break for me. However, when I come back here, 100% workload is back on and since Da was also on kind of vacation like me, aka not doing any housework, he doesn't have the sense to do it again when he comes back. so my workload was, I said 115%. I was exhausted and started to murmur.
For those are my church friends, once you murmur, you know something is coming..............this time, I got a two whole dayoff...............but just be careful of what you ask for.
Friday nite I got a whiplash on my neck and got really dizzy. I was like......this is sooooooo weird. so I told Da about it and I was so dizzy and the whole room was turning upside down. He gave me a sip of water and I wanted to throw up. I ended up throw up once before I went to bed.
The next morning, woke up around 8:30am, was thinking I should be all better by now. WRONG, when I sat up, everything turned again and the sense of throwing up was worse than ever. I ended up laying in bed until around 10:30am. Bathroom called and so I asked Da to hold me to the bathroom, when I wanted to get back to bed, I just couldn't. I could stay up for a min and throw up green stuff, curving on the floor. That's when I called Da to called 911.....
in the mean time, my boys were with Da, knowing mama was sick and didn't feel well. They came to hold me and kiss me. Standing next to their papa looking at the two big guys bringing mama to the ambulance. The sense of helpless was too overwhelming.....
I was taken to the hospital and diagnosed with Vertigo. Nothing wrong they found beside that. So I was discharged. Da had been taking care the boys for the last 36 hours. The house is a mess and you can imagine the kitchen.
We are just so grateful to have President Tsai come and take away the kids when I was in the hospital with Da. We are also thankful to have friends that make themselves available when we need them.
I guess what I am trying to bear my testimony is that. We are so weak in our physical body. At the same time, I am so blessed with the ability to do my 115% workload when I need to. Looking at my boys but was not able to hold them or comfort them make me realize what Heavenly Father has blessed me with: The ability to be a good strong mother, raising the kids that Heavenly Father entrusts me with. I also see how much Da care and love me. It's sad that I need to get sooo sick to see that. But I am so grateful for everything happened to me.
I am well again now and I will do my best to take care my family: my lovely boys and at time crazy hubby. They are my family and are my blessings.
They are now in church and I was for along time washing my dished happily and cleaned up the kitchen with joy. Isn't it wonderful when you can see things in the bright side.
My faith grows and my testimony gets stronger. We love you all and hope you are just as happy as we are.=)
Books I read in 2025 (with ratings)
8 months ago
Abbey! Scary! I am glad you are ok....I hope you feel better and don't have that problem again. It is hard to keep perspective on housework, I have to agree. If it wasn't washing the same dishes and clothes and rooms over and over and over maybe it wouldn't feel so bad sometimes. But like you said, it could be worse and we should be glad that we are able to do our jobs and moms and wives. :)
I feel the same Abbey. I always complain to James that I do most of the work. I know I just need to feel blessed that I can do whatever I do and be thankful for all the James do for our family. I just feel sometimes why can't our husbands help out just 5% more...oh well.