Posted by ZhaoKids | Sunday, May 18, 2008 | 2 comments

On Saturday Brennan went to Black Hills for a short class on types of snakes and varieties that are in our area. Apparently we don't poisonous snakes in our area, all of them are just garden snakes.


It was fun to see a live wild snake living at the Visitor's Center of the park.


When the sun was not warm enough the snake would going back under the deck into hiding. Apparently he was in the stage of shedding his skin too.


The Herpetologist brought her own snake for all the kids to touch. I guess the cool thing is that none of the kids have had bad experiences with snakes that they don't like snakes.
Brennan was really good in class, in fact he raised his hands and asked plenty of questions.

"Teacher I have a question, can a snake eat a elephant?"
10 mins later
"Teacher I have a question, can a snake eat a piggie?"
10 mins later
"Teacher I have a question, can a snake eat a baby?"
5 mins later
"Teacher I have a question, is the snake a boy?"(it was a girl)



At the end of class the kids get to color their snakes and then cut it into a coil looking like a snake.


With a little extra time, we walked along the shore of the lake and found that there were plenty of caterpillars along the walk path and tree. Brennan's showing this special one to a girl. Hehehe

2 Responses so far.

  1. Beth says:

    Haha! Brennan is so smart and silly!

  2. Anonymous says:

    Looks like fun! So what did the teacher say? )

Leave a Reply