Posted by Da | Friday, September 26, 2008 | 6 comments

So you ask what does knitting and crocheting have anything to do with Clayton? Well you will see as we continue through. Every so often Abbey gets in these 'modes' where she will spent a lot of time and effort concentrating on one particular thing she want to do (maybe even when she was a young girl) that she would really get into. These 'modes' usually last for a couple months and it will over. Once upon a time she was into scrapbooking which was very time consuming (I mean she did a great job) but it was taking a toll on other things, so she slowed down to a halt. Now, she has gather her Hong Kong mom friends to do research and development to borrow books from the library, go online for ideas, and even have gatherings where they can get together while the husbands can babysit to knit and crochet for hours at a time. It seems like they enjoy it a lot and yes I guess because now she's expecting a girl so she's all into this 'girly' things. (I can see it now that our house will be turned girly/feminely pink- As Homer Simpson explains best "Doh!")

So still what does it have to do with Clayton? It will be explain as we scroll down.



This is Abbey's first project. A baby hat that she saw on a website.


She went out and bought all the materials and spent sleepless nights to work on it. This is Abbey's first finished product. It didn't come out the way she wanted.



So she spent more sleepless nights and knitted this version in two days. (That also tells how little sleep I get while having to wake up 6am to go to work)


But then when she's satisfied and see the finished product on a person. Nothing can express a well done project.

!!!!!!
You have been forewarned: The following may be harmful to your eyes.
!!!!!!



Yeap Mr. Clayton has been 'violated'. Can you believe that since he's the smallest child, he gets to be picked on even by mom? Poor Clayton. (Actually Clayton kind of enjoys modeling for mom)


The torture !


Sorry son, baba couldn't resist photoshop.


He actually looks pretty good in it


I like this side angle.


Brennan: "Oh no!! What have they done to you?!"
Clayton: "Help!! Help!! Get me out of this thing!!"


Brennan couldn't stand around and watch any longer.
"Please help me!!, someone please help me!! Mama!! can you hear me? Noooooooooooooooooo!!"

6 Responses so far.

  1. Great job, Abbey! I think it is a pregnant thing - when I was pregnant with Mason, I spend many sleepless nights to knit a scarf for Alvin. The reason was that I felt with the 2nd child coming on the way, I wanted to do something for Alvin. But, it looks like that you are knitting for the baby girl, not Clayton. Poor Clayton. I feel sorry for you.

  2. Marjorie says:

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's the funniest! Poor Clayton. Well soon enough you'll have a little girl in the house that Abbey can have fun dressing up!

    Great job Abbey! You're such a pro!

  3. Ariana says:

    Wow!! Abbey, those are beautiful! I am amazed you learned to do that by looking it up on the internet. Man! I still can't make anything but pot-holders.

    And yes, please do cover your house in girly pink. hehe It's good for the boys (Da included) to get in touch with their feminine side, right? Hahahahaha Especially after all these years of being the majority gender. Time for a little balance. ;-)

  4. Michelle says:

    oh, da, i wish i had your gift for photo captions. these were choice.

  5. Anonymous says:

    Adorable! I hope I get the knitting bug again soon...so many things it would be nice to make, but no motivation right now. Do you have any you can spare, Abbey? ;)

  6. Beverly says:

    I was so into crocheting when I was pregnant with Careese too! And the momentem has definatly died off. Which is sad cause now I have a lot of unfinished projects that Mark keeps reminding is taking up space in the closet. opps. wish I could have a group of friends to crochet with here! :( The hat looks good! good job.
    BTW, are you guys gonna name the girl with an E name?

Leave a Reply