Posted by Da | Wednesday, February 18, 2009 | 2 comments

Last night around 10PM Abbey was feeling a little tired and wanted to take a half hour nap before the night shift. She goes to her bedroom and left me with Cayleigh. And of course mom fed her well before nap so next thing you know it..Cayleigh goes and does a #2, a really really long and excessive one. We normally wait because she has more in stored. Ten minutes has passed and part 2 of #2 has arrived and Cayleigh can't wait anymore so she starts screaming at the top of her lungs as she normally does. To prevent her from screaming and mom not hearing her, I gave her a pacifier. I placed her on the crib and start changing her which calmed her down b/c she likes being clean and dry. After cleaning her she is all calm and content. Then not a moment too soon she screamed at the top of her lungs again. I tried to feed her, cuddle her, walk her, put her in the crib and etc: nothing worked. Afte several minutes it was too late, she has already woken up mom. By then I was exhausted and crashed into bed myself. It took Abbey no time to figure out the problem. Cayleigh wanted her pacifier and I was not successful at finding it for because apparently when I changed her, I wrapped the pacifier inside her clothes so it was poking Cayleigh the whole time.

So there you so, the success of me chaning my daughter in no time to come to find out that I left an important item inside her. Don't ever let me be a surgeon. ;)

2 Responses so far.

  1. hahaha...that is funny but Da just being a typical daddy. What can we expect?

  2. Ariana says:

    Ok, I just about died after I read that! Poor Da. I agree though, stick to your day job. ;-) And you deserve lots of credit for getting up in the night with your baby! What a great dad. :)

Leave a Reply