Starting Wednesday Clayton didn't feel well complaining that his stomach hurts. Later that night he had diarrhea. In the middle of the night he was crying complaining he stomach hurt really bad and then vomited.
So on Thursday I took the day off to help out since he was not well and Cayleigh had a stuffy nose and was crying throughout the night. Cayleigh just wanted mom to nurse her to sleep. I figured that one day was enough for everyone to recover. Throughout the day he seemed better and he was more alert and interactive, in fact we went out to dinner with my mom that night.
Friday I went to work and home became a total disaster. Clayton's diarrhea and vomiting had worsen. Cayleigh still did not sleep well just wanted to be nursed and Clayton was puking more and throwing up more. Abbey tried to give Clayton water but that wasn't holding down either.
Abbey was home alone to care for the two so she pretty much let Brennan watched TV the whole day.
Saturday Clayton was not much better, Cayleigh slept a bit better. Clayton was very weak and just lay around home all day long. He is not eating nor drinking much of anything. He looked very pale, whined and cried the whole day. We just stayed home all day and small amounts of Pedialyte starting to help.
Sunday Clayton's still whiny, Cayleigh's a bit better, Abbey's super tired, Brennan's super energized not having been anywhere, and I'm just pulling of the little hair I have left not knowing what to do. So Abbey took Cayleigh and Brennan to church while I try to stayed home with Clayton since he's gotten really attached to me the last couple days. The whole day he just drank Pedialyte, lay on the sofa, whine, and took a couple naps. He finally looked and feel a little better around dinner time. He ate some light soft foods.
We're not sure what caused Clayton to be so sick (poss.-stomach virus?). Abbey did a lot of research online and the way Clayton's symptoms were, he seem to react only to whatever he ate and everything else seemed OK, so a hospital visit was not necessary and they have not been able to give him any medications anyways. He's off to bed now so hopefully he won't puke it out tonight. However, we might have another storm brewing in the works: Brennan's complaining his stomach hurts.
*3/23 Update - As we feared, last night around 11:30PM, "Baba Baba I threw up!" was what I heard and jumped out of bed to see Brennan vomited all over his bed. He was a little scared that he did something wrong and was apologizing. We told him it's OK, changed his whole bed, and let him go back to sleep. Hopefully today will be a smoother day since Abbey's home with the three.
Books I read in 2025 (with ratings)
8 months ago
What a rough week! I am glad you guys are recovering. Cayliegh is is precious! Clayton & Brennan look like proud brothers! A late congratulations!
Sorry to hear that kids are not feeling good. Please make sure the Cayleigh will not get the virus. Children are much easier to take care when they are well. Hope you guys recover soon. Please let me know if you need help.
i hate the stomach flu! it's so sad when they get so skinny sleepy and can't even drink water. hope that all the kids are better by sunday. we're looking forward to seeing you!