While Abbey gave me huge honey-due list, I enlisted the help of David. There were many things that he haven't done before and since he was very free over the summer, why not have him help me. After many firsts for him, he was a very good trooper and did many things to help me. So while I had time, I decided to go to Utah to visit the little girl I baptized in Sydney 15 years ago because she's serving at Temple Square.
After I booked the ticket, I texted David if he wanted to come. He immediately replied YES. He said he's never left the East Coast, so I figure this is something that he can have fun. Instead of driving, we're going to have the full experience of all public transport so we took the Metro to DC airport.
Being the mean person, at a layover in Phoenix, he left his bags with me
and I moved to a different area and face away from the main walking
area. Did he get confused or what! Lol
It's a big little child flying the plane. He was super excited to have a windows seat; never been so happier. He pretty much has his nose stuck on the window the entire even when they were serving snacks/drinks.
His first treat: scorpion suckers. Yeap.
I had fun jumping over everything. Of course being careful not caught by the guards.
We took him to the Clyde Engineering building. And fortunately there were students there and they actually showed him some of the things they were working on and he was super excited.
Then we hiked and at a an awesome Brazillian BBQ named: Tucanos
Found Abbey's old living quarter: Applewood
This used to be a KFC in front of it. Long story short, it's where I waited for the bus but never came on University. Now they have a library there. That's the night before Abbey's graduation.
Ran into Tony and his family at the only Asian grocery store on University.
We went to the MTC for TRC. And this time it was to train Senior Couples
Of course more jumping and Provo Temple photo ops.
Then the most important part of the trip: to see Sister Chen
It was surreal to see her doing great work of the Lord that I help baptized her when she was 11 back in 1999. This full cycle of the work of the Lord bears testimony how true this work is and how it blesses people lives. I definitely can feel the Spirit when I met with her and talk with her, to see how strong her testimony is and see how she's grown Spiritually.
David didn't realized how large the Conference Center is until he was there in person. We toured the upstairs too. In fact, my mission companion took us to Welfare tour and the
At the JS building
Seeing Tony and his family again to eat Provo local food: Jdawg
Cooked breakfast for the crew.
We hiked the "Y". Jessica and Tony's family joined and it was beautiful! Eli was definitely born for this while Blake was a on training.
This guy can sleep anywhere....
More MTC TRC, this time in Mandarin. It was funny since David really needed to refresh his language skills instant because he's by himself speaking Mandarin.
The Andersons are incredibly awesome! They made this feast for us! and then treated us to watch Avatar on their amazing home theater screen with 9 speakers. It was like in the movies but with big leather reclining seats, sound, and comfort!
