The youth of Kentland's and Montgomery worked really hard back in April to hold a fundraiser to make this high adventure camping happen on June 17-18th. After many meetings and adjustments, the leaders finalized going to Calleva's Trough Outfitters in Romney West Virginia where the youth canoed two days along the Potomac River. The kids had an awesome time playing paddling along the river, splashing each other, going over rapids, having canoes flipped over, playing games with each other, bearing their testimonies, fishing, making big fires, and giving out paper plate awards.
High adventure- high adventure was fine even though you weren’t able to shower for three whole days. I got to help make breakfast and was even awarded the best pancake maker played award at the end of the trip. We were canoeing for two days and got to canoe about 17 miles and many hours. Although this was tiring, I had a lot of fun I was able to talk to, Amelia and Sister Harding. -FF
Our Kentlands 2024 high adventure, canoeing through "the Trough" on the Potomac, took a super long 17 miles but was also beautiful and fun. As my last youth trip before I head to college, it was really memorable to bunk in the priests tent one last time, as well as participate in a spiritual fireside led by newly appointed Bishop Acker. As desperate times call for desperate measures, I figured out how to shower with a hose, and nearly used dawn platinum soap before finding normal body wash. Some memorable moments were the rope swings, flooding the canoe with Sebastian, spotting (but unable to catch) huge fish in the river, dad losing my drone, making the paper plate awards, and saying goodbye to Davis Turley and Liam Christensen. -SS