Posted by Da | Monday, October 27, 2025 | 0 comments

Hi everyone!! 大家好!

I hope you are all doing well! It is crazy that we are heading into November already. The Hong Kong weather has gotten a lot colder very fast, and for the first time I had to wear my winter layers. Hopefully these emails are still read, even though it's the 20th one haha. We got a while to go.

As Elder 包 and I just hit our twentieth week, we had Zone Conference! During it, Elder Chen and I had the awesome opportunity to perform "I am a Child of God" in a violin duet with piano. It should be three minutes long in the Google photos, on 10/21 if you want to watch it :)

There were a lot less people this conference however. In the past, the whole mission met together for a mission wide training each transfer because the mission was very small; about only 75-80 missionaries. However, because many missionaries just arrived over the summer, we will be meeting in our zones from now on; just about 18 people :') Fortunately, some missionaries needed to do flu shots so we combined two zones this week.

Other than that on Tuesday, we have had a lot of chances to strengthen our work "from the ground up" these past couple days— we got to meet with many members! One that I want to share is with the 梁家庭,or Brother and Sister Leung. Although Brother Leung had suffered a stroke many years before and struggles to make it to church consistently because of his health, his faith is so so strong. His dedication to speaking with us even though it was hard for him to, spoke miles of his love for us. After our lesson, while we were eating dinner, we even heard him play the text-to-speech to the verses we had invited him to read :) I am so grateful for them!

Later in the week we were able to meet with five other members. It has been so awesome to get to know the members, especially when the work gets harder.

To top it all off, the Tai Po ward had their primary program this past Sunday! It was such a privilege to see the little children sing and bear their testimonies. It was so pure as one of the little kids, 啊龍,kept up getting up and sitting down at the wrong times, haha. There were also so many people that came to church, including 梁兄弟 (Brother Leung)! I believe we had over 150, more than I have ever seen there.

//

This Sunday, while listening to the primary program, I was reminded of the power of children's songs. It reminds me of Tracy Y. Browning's talk from this past general conference, who said that these songs were
"sermons for disciples of Jesus Christ, testimonies to the truthfulness of the restored gospel, and prayers set to music... Dear friends, Jesus still wants us for a sunbeam."
This is so true! These children's songs so simply testify of His love for us.
With this, I want to share one of my favorite songs, "My Heavenly Father Loves Me."

It goes,

Whenever I hear
the song of a bird
Or look at the blue, blue sky,

Whenever I feel
the rain on my face
Or the wind as it rushes by,

Whenever I touch
a velvet rose
Or walk by our lilac tree,

I’m glad that I live in this beautiful world

Heav’nly Father created for me.

I know that God is real and that this world is for us to grow and to improve. He made it possible for everything to happen, even in our own personal walks of life. I encourage you all this week to take a moment of gratitude and count your very many blessings! I know this work is true, and that each of us has a special chance to learn of it.

//

That's all for this week!! I hope you all have a great rest of October and Halloween! The days are getting a little longer, especially as many friends are getting busy. But no worries, this is just lock in season B) And also for BYU for their win streak ayy (knock on wood)

Pray for the work!

I miss you all and talk next week,
趙長老


A postal letter from Brother Hal Jewel!
Portrait mode fuzzed Roger out and we didn't realize until he left 😭
Dinner adventures with 包長老 🙌
÷ 7.8 = USD
梁兄弟和樑姊妹 🫶🫶
阿偉
We caught the institute class leaving church
His apartment setup was soo sick
呂兄弟!
Ft. Elder McClellan on exchange
Chicken factory 😋






Leave a Reply