Posted by Da | Monday, January 19, 2026 | 0 comments

大家好!Hello all!

這週我們比上週更加忙!我們這週有最多的課程和教友幫手(聯誼者)。我真的感謝天父的安排,祂真的明白所有祂的兒女。

This week was even busier than last week, and I know I have been saying that lately but we really had our work cut out for us. This week I achieved the highest amount of lessons with members since being in my mission. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan and that he knows each and every one of his children so perfectly!

However, during such a busy week, I wanted to share an experience that we had.

On the most bust day this week, Thursday, we were literally running from every appointment to make it on time to the next. That day we had five appointments with a two hour district council scheduled, and with Yuen Long being one of the largest areas in Hong Kong, our travel blocks were for the majority over half an hour! We were on a super tight schedule, and during one of our phone call lessons in a park (which we had to rush to after a meal) we received a text.

A couple of days earlier, we had sat down during some studies and met a lady who was going through a tough time. We gave her our number because we were on a super tight schedule, but during that Thursday, we received this text from her which said that she needed to meet. In a tragic situation, which we don't know the details of, her husband had passed away earlier that week, and she had no idea what to do but to call us. We learned she was actually originally from Mainland but had recently moved to Hong Kong. She had no relatives nearby and wanted to find a way to take care of her husband.

Within that next five minutes, I was left on the phone call with the current friend we were teaching while Elder McClellan hopped on his phone to call any members who were available to help with the situation. As soon as our lesson was able to finish, we rushed onto the Light Rail and made it to where we met her last, where she took about a half hour to talk to us as well as our member who joined over the phone. Over about 20-25 minutes, we were able to put aside anything else that was going on and console her. Although we had to leave after that short amount of time, we were able to pray, console, and teach her a simple lesson on where her husband was now, and how it has been possible because of our Savior.

I recount this experience, albeit pretty long, because in hindsight I realized the importance of what we as missionaries are doing in Hong Kong. The title of this email is 耶穌基督是我們的教贖主, which translates to "Jesus is our Redeemer." The word 教贖主, meaning Redeemer, character-to-character directly translates to "teach, redeem, Lord." This translation simply and so clearly elucidates Christ's purpose so well.

Along with a principle heavily emphasized during Zone Conference this week, our purpose as missionaries, overarching any motive, is to love, share, and invite people to learn about Jesus Christ. We are named the Church of Jesus Christ because He is the one who has both taught and redeemed us. He has brought us clarity and peace, and is the reason we can bring the same peace to others.

Although we were going through such a crazy week with so many things scheduled, I loved that we were able to share such a simple message of peace and comfort to one who needed it most. We are told to first love before share, and share before invite, to help others understand the need of such a sacrifice.

Simple truths are truths most important. Moses 1:39 states,
For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.

Jesus Christ's purpose is one grounded in us, Heavenly Father's spirit sons and daughters. It is only in and through Him we are saved!

I am so grateful to be a missionary here in Hong Kong and especially in such a busy area. Some things have recently come up at home and I pray for all to be well. I am especially grateful for all of you at home or from BYU who have supported me! I hope all of you are doing well and I look forward to sharing again next week!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qkaoEe965etiYQuj7

下次見,
趙長老




What a feast
Certified goat
District find 😁
Our friends kid picked up the phone

Leave a Reply