Posted by Da | Monday, July 20, 2026 | 0 comments

The work has felt very different. Since last week, about a quarter of the elders in the mission went home, ten sister missionaries arrived in Hong Kong, and after a long planning week in the office, I transferred out of HK to serve in Macao for the next six weeks.

A little miracle this week came on Tuesday morning, when I reached out to Jason for a lesson later in the week and asked how he was doing. He replied "not so good," so I called him and learned that had lost his basketball shoes. After talking to him for a bit, I offered a prayer and scheduled him to meet the next day. Because of where he was in his lessons, we were actually going to give him a baptismal date that day, which he, during the call, in full faith agreed to meet for.

Later that night, we received a text which read, "[I have found my basketball shoes]" and then, "[I think God has answered my prayers.]" On the following Wednesday morning, we were able to schedule him for his baptism at the end of next month! It's been pretty full circle to have invited him to church and receive baptism and then now have this opportunity to put him on track to really commit to it.

" 20 And ye shall offer for a sacrifice unto me a broken heart and a contrite spirit. And whoso cometh unto me with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, him will I baptize with fire and with the Holy Ghost...

22 Therefore, whoso repenteth and cometh unto me as a little child, him will I receive, for of such is the kingdom of God. Behold, for such I have laid down my life, and have taken it up again; therefore repent, and come unto me ye ends of the earth, and be saved."

//

MACAO:

In regards to the move, the change into Macao has been pretty big. For one, I am now companions with Elder Leung and it is just us 2 elders in all of Macau, so we don't have any interaction with the rest of the mission. In addition to such, the pace of the work here has been so different from any other area I have been a part of. The special thing about Macau is that the area's economy is largely sustained by the massive casinos in the area, and although there is a grind to it, the people of Macau seem less stressed and are much kinder. Its true that it is like a whole different mission.

Because of this interesting trait of the area however, Macau is known to have some of the most prepared people to receive the gospel. This week we have been almost entirely booked with lessons and have not had too much time to get out of the chapel. Elder Leung is an amazing teacher and the lessons have been so good. We have been able to teach full gospel lessons in 45 minutes to an hour and have invited one of their friends Luno to become baptized.

Acts 10
35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.
36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)

Romans 12
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

I know these things are true and that we are all where we are for a purpose, that we are all on our way to be renewed by His will.

See you all next week,
趙長老
Elder Zhao

 
Last hike with all the Elders on Lantau 🙌
加油 Jason 🥹🤝

First Sunday 

--> 奧門 Macau

Brother Lau ( Da's mission companion in Sydney)












Leave a Reply