Posted by Da | Monday, November 03, 2025 | 0 comments

大家好!

My third transfer is coming to an end this Thursday, and this time, I will be leaving Tai Po after four and a half months. It's crazy how the weeks fly! My next area is 元朗,or Yuen Long, located in northwestern Hong Kong. I will be serving with Elder Vega, who has served as long as I have, and he will be leading the area for the first time ;)

I have been so grateful to serve in Tai Po. The ward is one of the largest in HK and I am so grateful to have gotten to know them, especially as my first area. It really has been like a great big family. This past week was also special because we had a Halloween activity where Elder Chen and I manned a 'blindfold chair maze' for all of the kids participating! The person going into the maze would be blindfolded as their friend instructed them through, and there was even a leader board for the fastest time. Even Bishop joined in, and the kids were so proud to beat him, haha.

In addition, this week, Elder Chen and I had a lot of chances to perform violin together for some content for our Come Unto Christ social media page! We both have enough experience that we could flip to a random page and play harmony and melody, so we were able to crank a bunch of videos out with little to no practice. Furthermore, in an tender blessing, a missionary who will be departing next transfer gifted me her violin she had gotten from a member. She selflessly gave the instrument knowing that it would be better used here :') Truly so so grateful.

//

This week, because it was my last in 大埔,I I went up to share a quick testimony. I wanted to share what I thought was most important, and after some thought, came up with what Proverbs 3:5-6 says so simply,

5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

As we trust in God's plan and Christ's toning power, I know he will comfort, strengthen, and lead us down our individual paths. This trust had made all the difference.

//

This weeks email has been a shorter one, but I hope you all have a good start of November and I will write again next week!!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qkaoEe965etiYQuj7

下次見,
趙長老





3rd Transfer TH Zone 😊
We got lucky and had temple appointments on the same day!
Elder Jerdon and Elder Cheng
Happy Birthday Elder Chen!! Treated him hotpot on a prostylting day 🫶
Dinner at the Chans' house 😋 Enos is such a great ward missionary

Studies right outside megamall!

Ice-cream for the TP Sisters, they weren't feeling well so we had an emergency exchange to give them a blessing 🙏
10PM yumminess otw home
Lunch with 啊偉 🫶
Billy's passoff!
Chair maze for the Tai Po Trick or Soup activity!
Christmas choir 🙌
Exchanges with Elder Rooks for Christmas choir!
Met one of Elder Tanner Chan's relatives!
Adia from the MoS ward!
Soup competition 😋
Wong HD, his son, and their mushroom soup
Pang 姊妹 gave me a little parting gift 😊
Language class post Sunday
Ran into members of the Shatin ward (Mom's old ward) at KLT after the temple 🤗
$240 taxi this morning because we forgot about interviews in the morning 💀 We had to race to KLT from Fanling, about a 40min drive...
Sample Facebook collage!
His Facebook post on the Come Unto Christ in Hong Kong page


Come Come ye Saints








A Child's Prayer




Nearer my God to Thee









Leave a Reply