Posted by Da | Monday, November 24, 2025 | 0 comments

大家好!

This week was one of the slowest weeks in a while. With the sudden chilly weather, the work hasn't been as fruitful as people are headed inside. Our teaching pool has shrunk, and at one point we spent an hour and half just calling up previous contacts. Because of the slight humidity, the cold was also pretty piercing so I had a couple of chances to wear sweatpants beneath my missionary attire, haha.

These past few weeks have been pretty mentally taxing. Double covering a ward and a branch and their respective leaders and friends has been a lot, especially just getting here. There is a lot of work to do and not a lot of reference to go off of. My companion, Elder Vega is not too familiar with Cantonese nor the area, since most friends speak English and his old comp Elder Johnson did a lot of the record keeping. He is also quite shy, but I'm glad I'm here to encourage him. Time will be our best friend. It has felt a bit overwhelming sometimes to need to balance so many things!

But I have had a lot of time this week to think about it. All in all, I can have nothing but gratitude for this opportunity to progress together and test my abilities. I am so fortunate to have this opportunity to solely focus on service. My Christ like attribute I am focusing on this week is knowledge, and I'm definitely learning way more things than I can learn in a book haha.

//

Just a quick note from my dad this week that I want to share, related to the awesome goodness of working on Christ-like attributes. Here's the quote he got from Elder Rasband when he visited DC:

"The more you strive to know Him [Jesus Christ], the more you love Him; the more you love Him, the greater your desire to serve Him."

Quite a 火(fire) quote :)

As we get to know Christ, we will find the biggest blessings of our lives. I am so grateful to know this gospel!

//

That's all for this week, I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Gratitude is a key to joy :)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qkaoEe965etiYQuj7

I'll see you soon,
趙長老

The heart of 元朗



Some super cool visitors from Norway I helped translate 😎
Clipped Lawrence in this one
Jacob the menace

My first branch lunch 😋
Gold Coast Beach
Tuen Mun Baguettes
Walk back from KLT (Kow Long Tong)
We got stuck outside of the chapel cause Elder Vega forgot the keys so we sat on the umbrella holder 😭
Yummers
Kam Tin, boonies of our area
手語班, sign language class 😎
Visiting Yen Yens family 😁
Two friends in this photo, Kipper and Sam (white long sleeve and black shirt/blue fleece respectively) both got baptized eventually after this photo. We also have two amazing fellowshippers in the back, Stone and Michael. A picture of the greats 😎🙌
Exchanges with Elder Soeung 😁
尚長老 found a 尚 haha
Meeting 岑會長 at the stake YSA BBQ 🙌
Family home eveningg


On 8th Dec 2028, Diane Kwok responded to Elder Zhao's email and he responded back. 

Leave a Reply