Posted by Da | Monday, December 15, 2025 | 0 comments

大家好!

Last Tuesday marks six months as a set-apart missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Along with many missionaries I know in Hong Kong, several missionaries that I know from home are also now finishing their two year service, and it is so crazy how time seems to fly by. Half a year and so so many stories. Words can't express my gratitude and joy since starting to share about Jesus Christ, and I know it is just the beginning.

Although I have still a lot to learn and definitely improve, I can truly testify that God is there, and He has a plan for each and every person. There are times when everything seems jumbled, but somehow, someway, things ends up perfectly falling into place, and it has been such a humbling and beautiful experience to see them. I look forward to using these emails to share such cool moments.

This past week we received news for our next transfer. I will be remaining in Yuen Long and will be serving with Elder McClellan, whom I met during exchanges in Shatin while I was still in Tai Po! He is a super funny elder and loves to play soccer, so I hope to learn a lot from him. He is also one transfer out of his training, and it will be fun to figure out Yuen Long together since it has only been six weeks since I have served here.

This next transfer I will also have the opportunity to lead the New Territories North District as District Leader. This includes the cities of Yuen Long, Hung Shui Kiu, and Tin Shui Wai. I am excited to have some more responsibilities, but also privileges to serve other missionaries!

//

This week was singlehandedly the most chaotic and eventful week, but it was so amazing. Normally we start the day with an hour of personal study, but the week had us out first thing in the morning for more than half of the week. Starting Tuesday morning to Sunday night, we had over eleven lessons and ten of them were with members. Within these, we were able to finish the lessons for Marvin and Maria, who will be baptized in just two weeks!

In addition, Lora, the girl who I baptized, also has a big brother who was formerly taught and wants to continue learning. For the first time in six weeks, we had a Cantonese friend (because all of our other friends were investigating the English Branch), and met with him three times!

Ether 12:6 reads
"faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith."

These next months will be no doubt as challenging, or even more challenging as the hardest days so far. But I know that this is a great work, and I am here for it.

//

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qkaoEe965etiYQuj7

That is all for this week and I hope to see you next week! Thank you all for your emails and I hope you all stay warm as we get nearer and nearer to Christmas :)

See you soon,
Elder Zhao


Preparing the font
Second language Mandarin elders visiting for a baptismal interview
From left: Elder Arbuckle, Elder Chiang, Elder Ko!
"Because" practice for Christmas Zone Conference at Wan Chai 🎄
Clipped this random guy
Elder Brenchley got basketball cards
Slurpeee
First bowling
Almost got a turkey 🦃

Weekly planning
Alberto and Lawrence
First time at 寧姊妹s restaurant!
Cleaning the font 🫧🧽
李主教 at the Giving Machine 😎

First time with 吳先生 (Victor) at the 元朗 Yuen Long Chapel 😁



Social media call




Then golfing ⛳

This building got raised sooo fast, progress pics throughout
The walls come up
More frames and walls 👀
A famous 海南雞餐廳
Last lesson with Maria and Marvin before baptismal interviews!!
Litan chapel tour with Bishop Wong 😎
Last pics with Elder Chen 🥹
I will miss this Elder
Our drawing of the Plan of Salvation
Sister Cannons farewell/ ward birthday party
Sister Reyas baptism!

Sister Reya!
Food round 2 😍😋
🎄🎄
Meeting Alan for the first time!!
New Territories Zone 😁
With Lora to fellowship!
District photo!! New Territories North

Loras baptism!




Leave a Reply