Posted by Da | Monday, March 16, 2026 | 0 comments

大家好!

I hope you are all staying safe and doing well! This week, transfer week, has felt so long but so quick at the same time. As it was my last week in Yuen Long, I was privileged enough to have meals with members for the last three days in the area. We were running all over the area until I left on Thursday, especially Wednesday, when we joined and double covered areas with Elder Chan (he didn't have a companion for a short while). It was a bittersweet time to say the goodbyes to members and friends, especially some of our goat fellowshippers like Adrian, Elder Hall, President Ganzon, and Brother Lee. I will miss this area for sure, especially with the 6 man apartment.

Thursday, or transfer morning, was the first and craziest day so far in the new area. Our companionship arrived first in the morning to drop off my things at the mission office, and it was pretty cool to help with all of the transportation shuttling mess that ends up getting everyone to where they need to serve next. This transfer board had a ton of missionaries moving around HK, so we had a bunch of work to do trying to figure out vans and also SIM cards and contact swapping so missionaries had everything they needed.

It's been pretty crazy but also so fun these couple of days to start serving in the office. We are designated about three hours a day to serve in the office, which I described more about from last week, but we are also assigned to the 黃大仙 ward where we continue with normal missionary work. A lot of the assignment is to just assist and support other leadership roles, and play the middleman in keeping communication.

//

This week a verse during scripture study caught my attention. Mosiah 6:7 states,

And king Mosiah did cause his people that they should till the earth. And he also, himself, did till the earth, that thereby he might not become burdensome to his people, that he might do according to that which his father had done in all things. And there was no contention among all his people for the space of three years.

Although such a simple verse, I loved the part where it says that King Mosiah "also, himself, did till the earth... that thereby he might not become burdensome to his people... "

As missionaries we have the unique chance to share the message of the gospel, but also live it; consistent daily scripture study, prayer and weekly church attendance. We set apart two years of our lives in this discipline to teach powerfully and simply. As such, we become living testimonies of the gospel, just as king Mosiah was an example to his people as he led. This principle of teaching through example is so special and I am excited to continue as such in this unique calling in the mission.

//

That's all for this week and I look forward sharing more next time! We have a lot of work to do and it will definitely be a grind for a little bit. Elder Patrick Kearon will be visiting Hong Kong and I will tell you more next week on how it goess

cyaa

https://maps.app.goo.gl/xnWWNSX3Ut9eqU4Z9

下次見
趙長老!


Exchanges with Elder Chan :) 

Dinner with the 鄭s and 馬s! 
Office work 🙏
I work across from the China Hong Kong Temple 😎✌️
Welcome to the CHKM Elder West 😁🙌



Leave a Reply