Hello 大家!
This was another flash of a week. Its hard to put into an email how much actually goes on in a week, especially with the tasks between the area, the members here and also the office in general, but it has been so, so fun. Recently I have gotten behind on my journal as well, which doesn't help with the quality of these weekly messages. Generally, I have about an hour to plan and write an email and also get ready before pday ends, but recently it's been shorter, so I hope to protect more time in the future to write more in Cantonese, because that's essentially all I do now.
One of the highlights of this week was going on exchanges with Elder Johnson on Friday, who is in his 24th month in the mission. He has gotten an extension which means he is going beyond the normal 2 years of missionary work. However during this exchange it was amazing seeing his example as an experienced missionary, as well as his deep love for the work. It was genuinely an amazing experience to see his talent in creating genuine connections on the street, and it had us giving out around 14 Books of Mormon in just an hour and half finding block. We also were able to just give a guy an impromptu chapel tour, just because of the excitement that comes so naturally from this Elder. Although we only had a couple of lessons lined up, it was such a spirit-led experience to teach with him and see the simplicity of Christ. In addition to this, we were blessed by members who happened to pass by during one of our interactions with a stranger outside the Hong Kong temple, and they were able to bear such strong testimonies of eternal families.
The impact of this exchange was needed, especially with the decrease in dedicated, protected finding time because of office duties. As Alma taught, "I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and that this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God..." (Alma 29:9). During violin practice for this week's Zone Conference, I found insight in such a privilege to understand the beauty of an instrument. The different methods that it can be played are limited only to the performer.
"But if you keep the commandments of God, and do with these things which are sacred according to that which the Lord doth command you... Behold, no power of death or hell can take them from you, for God is powerful to the fulfilling of all his words."
My favorite scripture this week was from James 4:10, "Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up."
I am also so grateful for my companion this transfer. Elder Halgren knows so many things on top of his incredible recognition for nature, especially plants and birds. His diligence in the work and his reliability has been an absolute blessing in this area.
I know that the Lord has a plan set for every one of us. He knows where we are and will prepare what we need for us to find the joy, hope, and love which comes from Him!
Successes:
- Giving Simon a baptismal date!
- Office duties, doing stamp duty for the first time
- Working with members after church
- Personal study, especially studying President Monson and his Book of Mormon anecdotes
- Being inspired by two HK rms
- Exchanges with Elder Johnson
https://photos.app.goo.gl/qkaoEe965etiYQuj7
May the 4th be with you,
趙長老
Books I read in 2025 (with ratings)
8 months ago



















