Hello everyone!! 大家好!
Sorry for the first email, I hit send on accident and my email crashed so I couldn't unsend it
This week so many things happened. In terms of our friends coming to church, for some reason the majority of them weren't able to come to church, but there was a guy named Mr. Yau who texted us on WhatsApp the day before, asking about the existence of a modern-day prophet. We shared a message with him after church with a member, and one of our members shared an amazing testimony of learning for himself and encouraging this friend to find out if it was true for himself.
Alma 30:44, "But Alma said unto him: Thou hast had signs enough; will ye tempt your God? Will ye say, Show unto me a sign, when ye have the testimony of all these thy brethren, and also all the holy prophets? The scriptures are laid before thee, yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator."
After church I was also able to invite our member Brother Wong to play with me for our church meeting next week, and he grabbed his family as well as Bishop's who was running around because he was in a meeting. We are performing "How Great Thou Art" next week and I felt such a strong appreciation for both our Heavenly and mortal parents for their love towards children. At last when we were done practicing one of the little kids came and grabbed my bow and he was so excited to go home and find his own violin to play.
Just a day before Sunday I had the chance to go on exchanges with Elder Rasband, who is my district leader. We taught several lessons and also led an English class where we ended up teaching kids simple English words through them playing "charades" together. Later in the day we also had the chance to attend the baptismal interview for Jonah, who was able to be baptized on just the next day. It was a privilege to hear his testimony after his baptism. He said that he had been looking for this for a long time, and that he knew he had to do his part now.
2 Nephi 31:21, And now, behold, my beloved brethren, this is the way; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and the only and true doctrine of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is one God, without end. Amen.
In terms of the office, just this week we had a bunch of follow ups come into the office about apartment contracts, so we helped them communicate with President, Area Office and our Finance Secretary. On top of this, as we looked into the future of the mission, we saw that our missionary count would surpass our apartment capacity by November, which began planning for potential living spaces.
I know this was pretty disconnected this week, especially with explaining the scriptures but I pray that you will be able to find some inspiration. In closing I want to leave with this quote from Jeffrey R. Holland, "The Miracle of Missionary Work."
I had a missionary ask me once if I would give my life for the Church. I said, “Elder, I am giving my life for the Church.” I know what he meant.
What he meant was, “Would you die for it?” Well, that’s the easy part.
That’s a snap! On some days it looks really appealing. That’s the easy part, to die for it. Well, what God needs is people who will live for it, people who will go the distance, people who are in this race we’re talking about that will go all the way to the tape.
And some may die along the way and that’s wonderful, but He needs people who will finish the work.
He needs people who will wrap this up, and that’s the pledge I make to you,
and that’s the pledge He asked.
This is a great work that we have been given. I know that it is true, and that it is good. I miss all of you and truly appreciate your love and support!
I'll write in Cantonese soon...
See you next week,
Elder Zhao 趙長老

Violin with Brother Wong 黃兄弟 after church 🥹

Our Book of Mormon shipment finally came in after a month and half of waiting 🙌

Surprising Sister Hein in the office with Ghost Orchids for Mother's Day 😌 🌷





















































