Posted by Da | Monday, March 31, 2008 | 4 comments

It's 12:17am right now and I am sitting here ranting in my bed and there is nothing I can do or say to convince or deviate her from her determination. My wife has been a little paranoid a bit lately or thinking too much. I mean it's past midnight and I have to go to work tomorrow and she needs to take care of the kids. I mean what can't possibly get resolved that is so important that you can get it done tomorrow? She says she can't sleep b/c she thought she saw an ant in the car earlier today. She is right now outside in the 30 degree weather with a flashlight looking for the ant. I mean I've live in the DC area for twenty plus years and driven over 12 and have never seen any insects survived in cars. The DC area gets so cold and so hot that any creature living in the car will freeze to death or get cooked. Oh well nothing I can do to stop her.

Then earlier today she saw a black spot on Brennan's molar tooth on our way home from church. She says that he's got a cavity and I told her that it's the blueberries that he ate on Saturday. She was so serious that he got a cavity and was getting very personal how it would affect the rest of the tooth and how that tooth will need to be removed prematurely....etc...and of course use me as an example and how I didn't care of my teeth when I was younger(never gets old) So once we got home, without taking anything in, she took Brennan straight to her bathroom with his coat still on and stuck her electric toothbrush on him and brushed and brushed....finally it's cleaned and she realized that it's the blueberries.

12:28a-Yeap..she's still looking for the ant..run ant run....I mean I think she would have a better chance to win the lottery and struck by lightning than finding the ant in the middle of the night in the cold weather somewhere in the van. If the ant has any sense, which they are pretty dang smart, he's taken the food and hid himself and is probably sleeping pretty snugly in between a wedge or even have left the van and come in the house where is much warmer. But I shouldn't jinx myself b/c if the ant comes in, our house will be turned up side down for that one little ant.

12:32a-I've have enough time to re-read my rant several times and proofed it and spell checked it. This is probably one of the longest text posted I've had for many months and that its grammatically correct and without any misspelling. I would dedicate this post to all the blogs we've read that have so much text in them that once in a blue moon we can do the same.

12:37a-she's finally done; ant nowhere to be found. time to sleep

4 Responses so far.

  1. Being a mother myself, if that happens to me, my husband will be kicked out of the house to search for the ants in the middle of a freezing night. You should appreciate the fact that Abbey didn't do that to you and you could still stay in your cozy bed to write this long text. HaHaha...

  2. Mel says:

    Are you serious?!? An ant??? Was it like a Queen Mother Ant or a red ant or something? I don't think that one ant could reproduce on its own, can it? Why were you so worried, Abbey? I would understand if it were a bee, moth, dragonfly, mouse, or something poisonous. But I'd have to say that moms are a little more paranoid than dads. Dads are so laid back about everything. They always think that kids are warm enough, but moms bring an extra jacket or blanket anyway. =D

    anyway, you guys are so lucky u have easter egg hunts at church! We don't have that here!! Sucks!!! Kaitlyn didn't get to do that this year. That's it. I'm movin outta this city! =D

    by the way, your sons are so talented!! I loved the video of them playing the drums!! so cute!!

  3. Marjorie says:

    This is the most absurd story i have ever heard. An ant? Looking for it in the middle of the night?

    I think Abbey needs to get out of the house more.

  4. andrew says:

    Hahahahahahaha! Great post Da!

Leave a Reply