HEYYAA
Elder Zhao back with another HEATER of an email. Make sure to smash like and subscribe below 
This week has probably been THE busiest week since coming on the mission!! Because we were able to reschedule each friend from Sunday, we had a lesson nearly every day. On top of that we had so many scheduled meals and helped lead a ward youth activity. I've loved the grind, but I am definitely so grateful for this pday.
The week started off tough. Tuesday I turned 19, and it was a challenge to not be with my family and friends to celebrate. In addition, Hong Kong was hit with a big tropical rainstorm which flooded some parts of the city. The rain was bad enough to trigger a "black rain" alert, which meant we could not leave the apartment until president said so. Gratefully, we were able to leave at 5PM (we had a LOT of studies) and we were still able to have dinner with my family friend Auntie Kristie and her kids! It was such a special treat to catch up with them. To end the day we got to teach our volleyball friends! Even though the court was wet we read all the way through 1 Nephi with them.
Later in the week we helped lead a water activity with the primary which was so much fun! Elder Smith had one team and I lead the other, and since we didn't have water guns we quickly became the prime targets. As it was the first time I really got to interact with the primary, it was so refreshing to be energetic and laugh with them.
TRANSFERS: Saturday was my first transfer board day!! Every six weeks (1.5 months) missionaries can be reassigned to different areas, but they usually stay for at least two transfers. Only Elder Jerdon moved from our apartment, and he will be serving in Kowloon, the main city to be a ZL (zone leader. Sadly he's bringing 三國殺 and Catan with him, so we'll see what we do without :')
Every transfer, we also receive new missionaries, which means... the HK district from the MTC will be arriving Thursday! And crazy news for them!! One of the trainers of the elders will be my roommate, Elder Chuy! This district was the one that I met during my three weeks at the MTC, and could now be dorming in Fanling with me. Super exciting.
Spiritual thought: I haven't done one of these in a while, but I want to recount a training given by Elder Jerdon that really stuck out to me. I was having a harder week because we had a friend who asked a lot of questions that made me reflect on my purpose here. It made me question a lot of things and it was tough because I didn't have answers for him.
However, Elder Jerdon taught of Ether and Moroni, who served the hardest missions. Although they were faithful and devoted their lives to Christ, they were hated by their people, who were hard hearted and would not listen. In the end, they barely converted nor changed anyone's lives. However, their work was not for nothing. They gave us their records; the scriptures, and helped us understand the experiences of the prophets before them. It was because of them that we now can study Jesus Christ. I hope that if I cannot be successful with strangers in the field that I can preserve my own testimony in writing to help others close to me. It is such a blessing to be able to write emails home and be able to remember and share my experiences, even if people don't always read the whole thing. Through exercising our faith in Christ, we can all become successful missionaries through the example we provide!
I love you all and thank you so much for the birthday wishes :) As always, join the Google photos and let me know what's up at home! And MTC District... See you soon B)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/qkaoEe965etiYQuj7
Talk soon,
Elder Zhao







































