Posted by Da | Monday, August 18, 2025 | 0 comments

你好!

Elder 趙 backk with another email!!

I know I said last week was busy, but it seems like nothing when compared to this one. And what a blessing it was :) This week, we had thirteen lessons scheduled and nine taught! For reference, my first week we were here, I did not have my first lesson until FOUR days in the field. We are just getting started

Although it is exciting to have so many chances to share the Gospel, it is true that those who are ready are often those who need it most. This week, I met people struggling in different walks of life; smoking addictions, debilitating social anxiety, financial problems, housing problems, employment issues, family issues, and even thoughts of suicide. All of these things are brought up in the context of their lives, and has showed me the challenges of finding God in such a hard life.

Albeit they were many opportunities to share the gospel, they were also opportunities to remind them that both we and Heavenly Father loves them.

The reason I named this title "我是神的孩子," or "I am a Child of God," is because it is such a powerful but simple message. It is also a song; a song that my dad, when we were little, would sing to us in Cantonese before we went to bed. Now, serving in Hong Kong, I sing it again, and realize the power of the simple primary lyrics. Within the song, we sing,

Lead me, guide me, walk beside me, help me find the way,
teach me all that I must do, to live with you some day."

Our time on this Earth is not alone. We have the constant support of our Father in heaven. He will lead us, guide us, and walk beside us, every step of the way, to make sure we find success, as long as we trust in Him!

I am so glad to say that we have been able to reschedule meetings with these friends, and with members, have begun to help them find answers to these complicated and difficult trials. I am so grateful for this gospel and all the amazing members who I have found through it! It really is the Gospel of joy.
Of course, here's the weekly reminder to lmk what's going on at home I haven't been able to respond to many emails this week but I promise to next week :') Today's pday activity went long but a promise is a promise!!

Join the google photos to see what's up!!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/qkaoEe965etiYQuj7
(Had to double check I had a title)

Love you alll,
趙長老

Final game of 三國殺 🥹
Mongkok!
Last game of Catan 🙂‍↕️
Last meal with this apartment group
Went finding with our member Kaden!!
Another black rain alert 💀 delayed transfers until noon so my MTC district was stuck in Kowloon for hours 🔥
Bye bye Elder Jerdon 🫶
The arsenal 🫡
Balloon finding to share our activity on Friday!
Balloon finding to share our activity on Friday!
Cornered 🥹
DRENCHED
I met Lawrence (right) at BYU last year!! Somehow in the whole city, I randomly ran into him on the streets of HK!! 🔥 God is real frrrr
Post-district council flix
Wong 家庭!!

Leave a Reply